NEW DELHI: In a move aligned with the Government’s Digital India programme and to ensure that the taxpayers remain well-informed about the Goods and Services Tax (GST) updates on their mobile phones, the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) has launched an App on Thursday. Through this application, the taxpayers can access a lot of information related to GST. The app includes:
• Migration to GST: Approach and guidelines for migration;
• Draft Law: Model GST Law, IGST Law and GST Compensation Law;
• Draft Rules: Rules related to registration, returns, payment, refund and invoice
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on GST
• Resources on GST such as videos, articles etc;
• Related website links;
• Helpdesk/email contact
“The App will enable the taxpayers to be well-informed on the latest updates on GST. Taxpayers can also provide feedback and contact CBEC’s 24x7 helpdesk “CBEC Mitra” through a toll-free number or email, at the touch of a button,” the release added.
The mobile application can be downloaded free of cost on all Android platforms while the App for iOS platform is yet to be finalised.
The GST mobile application, with its easy-to-use and elegant interface, is yet another step taken by the Customs department to improve ease of doing business and deliver outstanding services to the taxpayer, the release said.