MUMBAI: Global trade enabler DP World has curated a special campaign – ‘Save it, don’t waste it’ in wake of the upcoming World Water Day on March 22nd 2017. The campaign is an initiative undertaken by DP World to reinforce its commitment to environmental sustainability.
DP World terminals in India will be undertaking various activities throughout the week of March 22nd 2017 to raise awareness about the importance of smart water consumption through:
• Informative sessions by external speakers highlighting the importance of saving water
• Pamphlets and posters sharing vital water saving tips
• Reducing the size of tumblers in canteens and the flow of water outlets to decrease wastage
• Elocution competitions internally and at schools around the terminals
• Water leakage surveys at water supply lines inside and outside the terminals
• Street plays and village visits to spread awareness on saving water
• Water audit as well as a project study on water consumption to understand methods to reduce their water footprint
• Internal competition where terminal staff will have come up with the most innovative ideas for water conservation to be implemented at the terminal
• Renovation of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) to improve quantity and quality of recycled water at terminals
Capt. Anil Singh, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, DP World Subcontinent commended the national initiative undertaken by saying, “At DP World, we believe that working in a sustainable and responsible way is essential to building a strong business for our customers, our people and our society. We make responsible use of natural resources, of which water is a key component and aim to improve the way in which we treat and reuse wastewater. Accurately measuring our resource consumption, thereby increasing efficiency in the way we consume this vital resource, is important for us. This emphasis endeavours to tackle India’s water crisis wherein the demand for water often surpasses the supply.
I am looking forward to the fruitful results of the various initiatives undertaken by our terminals and business units for World Water Day this year with a hope to make a difference by contributing to the efficient and responsible use of water in our Country.”
World Water Day is held annually on 22nd March as a means of focussing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.