GANDHIDHAM: The Board Meeting of Kandla Port Trust was held on 28/03/2017. Most of the Trustees on the KPT Board including Shri Ravi Parmar, IAS, Alok Singh, IRS, Manohar Bellani, Mohan Aswani, Mavjibhai Sorathia, S. B. Mishra, Bharat Rajgore, PVR Reddy, Rajat Sachar, IES, Sanjay Goel, IRTS, Comdr. Yagendra Kumar, Capt. S. K. Shukla, R. C. Faldu, were present for the meeting.
The Board was apprised about the recent visit of the Hon’ble Minister of State, Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya, to KPT and Swachhata Pakhwada being observed during 16th-31st March, 2017.
During the course of the Meeting, several important decisions were taken by the Board, especially on Port development projects. The Board also passed some important items concerning employees & workers of the Port.
The Board deliberated in detail and resolved to approve the following items, among others, to expedite the development process in Kandla Port :
1. Development of Smart Industrial Port City (SIPC) at Kandla Gandhidham Adipur Complex – EFC Memorandum for Location 2.
2. Work of “Dredging in the Navigational Channel & alongside Cargo Berths / Oil Jetties at Kandla Port Trust for year 2017-20”.
3. Construction of Interchange-cum-Road Over Bridge (ROB) at LC-236 (Kutch Salt Junction) on NH-141 (Phase-I) in the State of Gujarat under EPC Mode.
4. Allotment of land, admeasuring 200 x 200 metres, on the Reclaimed land adjacent to Berth No. 16 to Indian Air Force for Defence setup at Kandla Port.
5. Distribution of Mementos to employees on the achievement of 100 MMT Cargo throughput by KPT during the year 2015-16.
6. Supply, Erection, Testing & Commissioning of mechanized bagging and wagon loading facility for handling of fertilizers at Godown No. 34, including Comprehensive Maintenance, for a period of 06 years after expiry of guarantee period of 02 years and operation for 08 yrs. from the commissioning of the project.
7. Approval of block estimate for the work of "Construction of Multipurpose Hall at Gandhidham”.
8. Rehabilitation / Relocation of Slum Dwellers from Kandla area via Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojna (PMAY) – Appointment of Consultant for implementation of scheme.
9. E-tender-cum-E-auction for the allotment of 09 nos. of plots of various sizes and for various purposes [including Structures] on 30 years’ lease on ‘As is Where is Basis’ at Kandla & Gandhidham as per the Land Policy Guidelines, 2014.
10. Grant of permission for Laying of Pipelines from ‘Y’ Junction to the Terminal to the allottees of new 19 plots at Kandla on 30 years’ lease basis for setting up of Liquid Storage Tanks Terminal, as per the Pipeline Policy approved by the Board.
11. Consultancy for Design of New Pavement and Rehabilitation of various Distressed Road Network in Kandla Port area for suggesting Remedial Measures.
The meeting was held in a very cordial environment and the main focus was on Port’s all-round development and record handling of Cargo throughput during 2016-17.