GANDHIDHAM : Kandla Port Trust held its Board Meeting on 12/05/2017. Most of the Trustees of KPT Board including Ravi Parmar, IAS, Alok Singh, IRS, PVR Reddy, Rajat Sachar, IES, Sanjay Goel, IRTS, Comdr. Yagendra Kumar, Capt. S. K. Shukla, R. C. Faldu, Manohar Bellani, Mohan Aswani, Mavjibhai Sorathia, Bharat Rajgore were present for the meeting.
The Board was apprised about the recent developments in the Port and the likely visit of Hon'ble Prime Minister of India to Kandla Port to inaugurate, laying of foundation stone and award various projects/exchange of MOU. The Board was also informed about the distribution of Silver coins among the Employees/ Workers of the Port on achieving 100 MMT Milestones during 2015-16.
During the course of the Meeting, several important decisions were taken by the Board, especially on Port development projects and also passed some important items concerning employees & workers of the Port.
The Board deliberated in detail and resolved to approve the following items, among others, to expedite the development process in Kandla Port :
1. Opening of Jan Aushudhi Store in Gandhidham under Prime Minister's Jan Aushadhi Yojna.
2. Accommodation Entitlement to the Port beneficiaries who require Hospitalization in the Port Recognized Hospitals.
3. Grant of permission for laying of pipelines from 'Y' Junction to the Terminal of respective allottees at Kandla on 30 years' lease basis for Setting Up of Liquid Storage Tanks Terminal as per the Pipeline Policy for laying of additional Pipelines.
4. Development of Smart Industrial Port City (SIPC) at Kandla- Gandhidham - Adipur Complex - the Revised EFC proposal for Location 2 of SIPC Project and issuing NIT for the work of "Development of land for Smart Industrial Port City (SIPC) at Kandla -Gandhidham-Adipur Complex - Location 2"
5. Increasing the rebate on vessel related charges for foreign Container Vessels in addition to the existing additional rebate.
6. Design, Manufacture, Supply, Erection, Testing, Commissioning and Operation of 02 nos. of 100 Tonnes or above capacity of Mobile Harbour Cranes at Dry Cargo Berths, including Comprehensive AMC with Operation for a period of 5 years.
The meeting was held in a very cordial environment and the Trustees extended their full support / cooperation for the upcoming visit of the Hon'ble Prime Minister.