MUMBAI/MARSEILLE: CMA CGM Group will reorganize its service offering connecting India and Middle East Gulf to Africa in order to increase the cost competitiveness and service reliability in a challenging environment, says a recent advisory from the company.
Starting May 23rd 2017, a major overhaul of current Midas service will take place.
• Reshuffle of the Midas service to 2 distinct and specialized products.
Midas Loop 1 to West Africa / South Africa and Midas Loop 2 to South Africa / Indian Ocean
• Optimum coverage in India Middle Gulf and in Africa with greater cost synergies Fleet deployment in cooperation with Partners. 16 vessels up to 4500 TEU, 21 ports of call
• Unique product on the market with direct service connecting India Middle East Gulf to all strategic destinations in West Africa, South Africa and Indian Ocean
MIDAS Loop 1
• Lead product on the market with direct weekly service in Central and South range West African from India and Middle East Gulf
• Service in cooperation with 2 partners will deploy 10 vessels of 4500 TEU, CMA CGM Group will contribute to 4 vessels
Port coverage: Jebel Ali – Khor Fakkan – Mundra – Nhava Sheva – Colombo – Durban – Pointe Noire – Apapa – Tin Can / Lagos – Cotonou – Tema – Port Elizabeth – Durban – Jebel Ali
MIDAS Loop 2
• A very lean and fast service connecting India and Middle East Gulf to South Africa and Indian Ocean markets
• Vessel Sharing Agreement with a fleet of 6 vessels of 2500 TEU nominal capacity, CMA CGM Group will equally contribute to the tonnage provision
• Seamless connectivity with Indian Ocean feeder services through our 2 regional hubs to serve Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros and Mozambique
Port coverage: Khor Fakkan – Jebel Ali – Mundra – Nhava Sheva – Pointe des Galets – Durban – Port Louis – Pointe des Galets E/B – Khor Fakkan.