Container volumes cross 4 Mn TEUs
AHMEDABAD: Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited ( "APSEZ" ), India’s largest port developer and the logistics arm of Adani Group, announced another stellar operational and financial performance for the year ended and fourth quarter ended 31st March, 2017.
Mr. Karan Adani, Chief Executive Officer and Whole Time Director of APSEZ said, “This is one of our best all round performance. Our strategy to diversify our cargo mix and focus on high value cargo continues to yield positive results. FY17 volume growth was led by containers and high growth in other ports namely Hazira, Dhamra and Kattupalli. Our EBITDA margins have been improving year on year and this is likely to continue given our focus on operational efficiencies, technology and cost control”.
FY 17 Highlights:
• Consolidated Revenue from operations registered a growth of 19 % from Rs. 7109 cr in FY16 to Rs. 8439 cr in FY17.
• Consolidated EBITDA increased by 24% from Rs. 4574 cr in FY16 to Rs.5692 cr in FY17. EBITDA margins expanded by 300 Basis points from 64% to 67%.
• In FY17, APSEZ handled Cargo of 169 MMT, a growth of 11 % Y o Y surpassing All India cargo growth of 8%
• Container volumes cross four million TEUs for the first time at 4.24 million TEUs an increase of 27% on Y o Y basis, surpassing All India container growth of 10%
Q4 FY 17 Highlights:
• Consolidated Revenue from operations registered a growth of 18% from Rs.1899 cr in Q4FY16 to Rs.2231 cr in Q4FY17
• Consolidated EBITDA increased by 32% from Rs. 1238 cr in Q4FY16 to Rs.1638 cr in Q4FY17.
• Profit after Tax grew by 27 % from Rs. 928 cr in Q4FY16 to Rs. 1179 cr in Q4FY17.
• EPS for Q4 FY17 is Rs. 5.63 per share
• In Q4FY17, APSEZ handled Cargo of 43 MMT, a growth of 14 % Y o Y.
• Container volumes increased by 24% on Y o Y basis.