NAVI MUMBAI: JN Port, commissioned way back on 26th May 1989, is completing 28 years of glorious service to export-import trade today.
Currently JN Port is fully mechanised port which uses latest technology in handling of cargo at the terminals and presently handles more than 40 % of India’s Container cargo.
In the recent past, under the dynamic leadership of Shri Anil Diggikar, IAS, Chairman and Shri Neeraj Bansal, IRS, Deputy Chairman, JN Port has implemented various path breaking initiatives like DPD, DPE, simplification and rationalization of business processes, Gate Automation among others for Ease of Doing Business.
A dedicated and sincere effort from the Port Authorities to make JN Port Congestion free has been well appreciated by the export-import community.
During the last fiscal year 2016-17, JN Port created yet another milestone by handling 4.50 million TEUs, highest since its inception. Similarly, JNPCT – Port owned and managed by JN Port Authorities – also created a historic milestone by handling 1.533 million TEUs, highest since its inception during the last fiscal.
Future Growth Drivers of JN Port
• First Port-Based Multi-Product SEZ : Developing a Port-Based Multi-Product SEZ at JN Port on 277.38 hectares.
• Development of Dry Port at Wardha : Setting up a Dry Port at Wardha near Nagpur to serve the surrounding hinterland.
• Dry Port at Jalna : Setting up of a Dry Port at Jalna will immensely increase traffic in future as the site location is close to DMIC.
• Development of Wadhavan Port : JN Port has taken up the work of Development of Wadhavan Port in consortium with Maharashtra Maritime Board (MMB).
• A mega 4th Container Terminal : Awarded to the PSA, this 4th Mega Terminal is expected to double the total handling capacity of JN Port in next five years.