NAVI MUMBAI: Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House via its latest Public Notice No. 154/2017 has issued following procedure being prescribed in relation to scanning of containers imported at Nhava Sheva and heading to Mulund ICD.
The detail is as below : -
1. The Terminal Operators shall intimate the Shipping Line about the ICD Mulund containers selected for scanning of containers.
2. The Shipping Line will provide trailer and submit a request letter to the Boarding Officer of Customs for movement of containers from yard to scanning yard and back to yard.
3. After being granted permission for movement of containers by Customs, container is to be taken for scanning, once scanning is done, the outcome of scanning is stamped/endorsed on the request letter of Shipping Line.
4. The Shipping Line shall submit necessary documents (on token of having scanned) to terminal operators/Customs Broker.
5. The terminal operators, after confirming the scanning (based on the scanning stamp), should release by Terminal Operator to carrier i.e. CONCOR and container is transported to ICD Mulund by rail/stamp on EIR in case of by Road.
6. The terminal operators, after confirming the scanning endorsement, shall release the container to carrier and forward the copy of necessary documents on token of having scanned to carrier i.e. CONCOR.
7. CONCOR shall verify from the document that the container is scanned before loading on train.
8. CONCOR shall submit the list of scanned containers and supportive documents to Customs ICD, Mulund.
It further states that, “In case the Containers selected for scanning but could not be scanned for some reason, the same shall be diverted by CSD, JNCH for 100% examination under Supervision of DC/AC Mulund ICD. Accordingly, necessary endorsement should be stamped on EIR copy by the Customs officer posted at CSD, JNCH”. After completion of scanning at CSD JNCH locations, CSD (JNCH) officers will transmit the outcome, to the Designated DC/AC ICD Mulund, through designated E-mail. The suspicious images will also be transmitted to the dedicated email ID of ICD-Mulund and the suspicious containers will have to be 100% examination under Supervision of DC/AC, Mulund ICD. Outcome of 100% examination is required to be sent to E-mail id of CSD (JNCH).
Moreover in the circumstances where situation arise, which may require physical examination of a container at JNCH, in such situation, examination will be conducted at designated area of JNCH in the presence of ICD Mulund Officers. Designated place will be decided by AC ICD depending upon facts and circumstances. It will be duty of Examination staff/Out of charge officer to feed the examination report in the system. In case, the Containers are selected for scanning but could not be scanned, it shall be responsibility of the examination officer to examine 100% and enter examination Report in System.
It further adds, Superintendent (Admin) CSD, JNCH is designated to co-ordinate with various stakeholders in relation to the Scanning of ICD- Mulund bound Containers.