GANDHIDHAM : The Board Meeting No.8 of DPT was held on 26th December 2017. At the outset, the Board warmly welcomed Shri Sanjay Agarwal, Commissioner of Customs and Shri Satinder Pal Singh, Joint Secretary(S), who were attending the Deendayal Port Trust Board Meeting for the first time. The Board also unveiled the Deendayal Port Trust Calendar - 2018.
The Calendar has been made on the theme of prominent Poets and Writers of Gujarat. Some of the important items, inter alia, were considered by the Board.
1. Non-levy of penalty on leaseholders who have constructed the buildings as per approved Plan, but could not obtain Completion / Occupancy Certificate for one or other reason.
2. Declaration of Rate of Interest on Deendayal Port Trust Provident Fund balance for the year 2016-17.
3. Crafts/Barges and Tugs, which are plying in the Deendayal Port, Kandla and OOT, Vadinar - Amendment in Clause for restriction in the age for issue of Harbour Craft License.
4. Proposal to provide fee calls for SCI's Coastal Container vessels up to 31st March, 2018 so as to encourage SCI to commence their Coastal Service from DPT to attract the Coastal Trade.
5. Mechanization of Handling of Fertilizers at Cargo Berth no. 14 at Deendayal Port.
6. Approval of Block Estimate for Construction of Oil Jetty No. 8 at Old Kandla.
7. Acceptance of Block Estimate for the work "Replacement and Revamping of Pipeline Network at Oil Jetty area, Kandla"-Oil Jettties to Common Manifold.
Besides, a number of important land items were considered and approved by the Board for allotment/renewal of lease.