NAVI MUMBAI: JNCH has released Standard Operating Procedure in relation to Registration of DPD Client with Terminals, release of DPD Containers, opening of PD Account (if required), procedure for sending trailer to pick up DPD container (in case of own transport arrangement by DPD Importer), via its Public Notice no. 28/2017.
JNCH took this initiative on priority by coordinating with all Terminal Operators to obtain SOPs and informs the trade in consolidated manner so that there is wider clarity on aforesaid issues.
A. DPD PROCEDURES (JNPCT)
1. The importer who intend to avail DPD facility shall submit duly filled registration form along with following documents to JNPCT to get themselves registered as per Customs Public Notice no. 05/2017:
2. A request letter mentioning the Sr. No. in the list of Public Notice No.161/2016 JNCH dated 28.11.2016 or Public Notice No.180/2016 JNCH dated 19.12.2016 or self-attested copy of permission letter issued by JNCH, Nhava Sheva for DPD facility.
A. Self-attested copies of PAN card.
B. Letter of authorization of Custom Broker for carrying out clearance of containers.
C. List of authorized signatories of the company on their letter head.
3. Alternatively they can send the self-attested scanned colour copies of above cited documents to the following mail ids: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
4. Upon scrutiny, the Terminal will generate a DPD code against the importer after registering the party in the “Terminal Operating System (TOS)”.
5. The “DPD” code will be intimated by Terminal to Importer through mail to enable them to inform the same to the concerned shipping line for indicating the same in the IGM as well as Import Advance List (IAL).
6. Further, the party details will also be registered in the “Import e-Form 13 module” and user id and pass word will be allotted for generating PIN for the trailers through the PIN system.
7. Both ‘DPD code’ and ‘user id’ with password will be intimated to the importer through e-mail to the e-mail address provided in their registration form.
PD ACCOUNT AND PAYMENT:
1. Presently no PD account to be opened by the concerned importer or Customs Brokers at JNPCT.
2. All applicable charges shall be levied to the concerned shipping agencies like ITRHO charges. The importer has to pay the same to the shipping agency at the time of collecting DO.
3. However in due course, importers may be required to open PD account.
RELEASE OF DPD CONTAINER:
1. As per PN 08/2017, Shipping Agency need to indicate both ‘Stacking Code’ and ‘DPD Code’ in the Import Advance List (IAL).
2. After landing of DPD containers in the Terminal, the importer shall obtain ‘Out of Charge’ from Customs, e-DO from the concerned Shipping Agency and make payment of stamp duty to the statutory authorities.
3. Above 3 documents are to be submitted to the Terminal at POC Office for release of the container from the Terminal Operating System.
4. Alternatively they can send the scanned copies of above cited documents to the following mail ids: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. However container will be released only upon receipt of online Out of charge from customs from ICEGATE.
6. On the above Basis, DPD containers of that importer will be released in the system by the Terminal.
7. Once system is stabilized accepting manual copies will be discontinued.
8. Once containers are released from the system by the Terminal, the importer will get the pendency in the PIN system screen.
9. For any issues related to release of containers, please contact shift officer on PHONE NO 022-6781-5201, 6781-5229.
PIN SYSTEM PROCEDURE:
1. Import to log-in from http//220.127.116.11/eform13_import or http//18.104.22.168/eform13_import alternate from the internet browser (To use only Internet Explorer);
2. Import to Login with user name and password (username, as given in the permission letter, to be entered in small case);
3. To change password immediately after first log-in.
4. Import will get status of pendency of containers on their account at JNPCT after release of the same in the system after receipt of documents i.e. out of charge, DO & Stamp duty payment challan.
5. Importer need to create their Transporters (as users) under him with username and password.
6. Allocate containers to different transporters in accordance with pendency.
7. Transporter need to log-in from http//22.214.171.124/eform13_import or http//126.96.36.199/eform13_import alternate from the internet browser with his “user name” and “pass word” given by DPD agency (To use only Internet Explorer).
8. Transporter will get number of containers allocated to him and accordingly he need to generate that many PINs.
9. To generate PIN, Transporter need to enter details of trailers & drivers.
10. Transporter need to communicate the PIN to the truck driver.
11. Driver need to carry the PIN with him and furnish the PIN at “Check Post” along with “Container No.” (he intends to carry).
12. JNPT staff generates “pick-up ticket” based on “PIN & Container No.” and handed over to the driver. 13. Driver to enter the Terminal with “Pick up ticket” and go to the respective yard get the container loaded.
14. Upon arrival of trailers, DPD containers are loaded using RTGC/Reach Stacker as the case may be.
15. The trailer with DPD container will proceed to gate to move out after generation of EIR/Gate pass, verification & endorsement of OOC by Customs and CISF verification.
16. In case of any problem, cancellation of pickup & PIN shall be carried out at the Gate by Gate Officer (Terminal gate officer)
17. For any system related issues related to PIN system, please contact Shri RD Rao, Asst. Manager (MS) on
6781 5186 or Mr Venkat, on 6781 5180, 6781 5187.
18. For cancellation of PIN, please contact Shift Supdt (Planning) on 6781 5019 or Gate Officer on 6781 5074.
B. DPD PROCEDURES (APM/GTI)
1. Online Registration Process:
I. APM Terminals Mumbai has provision for online registration of DPD Customer.
II. DPD Customer logs into APMT Mumbai’s website www.apmtmumbai.com & Click on “Customer” Registration Form” option for online registration.
The guidelines for online Customer registration are mentioned in Directions-Customer Registration.
2. Alternate Registration Process:
I. APM Terminals Mumbai receive a written request over email Mumbaistatistics@apmterminals.com from a “Customs approved DPD Importer” for registration as a DPD Customer at the Terminal.
II. The Terminal will share its Customer registration form with details of supporting documents required and it’s bank details for future financial transactions.
3. The supporting documents require for registration are as under:
I) A request letter mentioning the Sr. No. in the list of Public Notice No.161/2016 JNCH dated 28.11.2016 or Public Notice No.180/2016 JNCH dated 19.12.2016 or self-attested copy of permission letter issued by JNCH, Nhava Sheva for DPD facility.
II) Self-attested copies of PAN card.
III) Certificate of Incorporation or Partnership deed or IT Returns of last two years
IV) Letter of authorization of Custom Broker for carrying out clearance of containers.
V) List of authorized signatories of the company on their letter head.
4. Within 48 hours of receipt of the details and the documents, the Terminal registers the Customer in its IT systems and creates a unique code for the same.
5. This code is communicated to the DPD Customer to the email address as indicated in the application of DPD Client along with the login ID and Password for Web-Access (Customer interface system).
6. The Terminal’s Finance Team shares APMT Mumbai’s Bank Account Details with the Registered DPD Customers to maintain positive PDA Balance. In the event that the Customers do not maintain positive PDA, containers will be released only upon payment of applicable charges.
7. The Terminal’s Operations team shares the code generated for the specific Customer with the Shipping Lines also.
1. As per Out of Charge (OOC) message received from ICEGATE or PCS and PCS DO, the DPD containers are released for the movement by Terminal’s Documentation Department. However Importers have the option of to submit OOC hard copy or send scanned copy to The Terminal’s Documentation Department & Shipping Lines have option to sends delivery order of the containers to Terminal’s Documentation Department
2. Post verification of these documents, Terminal Documentation Department release the container/s for delivery in the system subject to scanning list by Customs. Once released, these containers are reflected in the system as inventory against the Customer and the same can be viewed by the Customer through the web access as provided earlier.
3. The Customer can then generate PIN numbers against the lot of containers reflecting as inventory in the system.
4. The Customer nominated Transporter’s driver arrives straight at the Terminal Gate and produces the PIN number to Gate staff.
5. Terminal’s Gate staff enters Truck No. & Group code details in Terminal’s Operating System as per Pin No. & generates ‘Equipment Interchange Receipt’ (EIR) for selected container (as per Yard Best pick ) and provides the driver an ‘Bay Allocation Ticket’ (BAT) with which the driver proceed to the yard location mentioned on EIR to pick up the container.
6. While the truck gets loaded with the assigned container, a bar coded gate pass gets auto generated for Customs official to endorse online.
7. In case the container has been selected by Customs for Mobile scanning (M-Scan), the driver must complete the scanning formality at the mobile scanner within the Port.
8. When the driver arrives at the gates with the import container for exit, the gate official checks the Customs endorsement in the system using the BAT number and upon verification allows the container to exit and complete the out stage.
9. In case the container has been selected for “F” scan, then the driver must proceed to the fixed scanner for scanning.
C. DPD PROCEDURES (NSICT/NSIGT)
1. DP World Terminals Mumbai (NSICT / NSIGT) receives a written request over email (email@example.com) from a “Customs approved DPD Importer” for registration as a DPD Customer at the Terminal.
2. The Terminal will share its Customer registration form with details of supporting documents required and it’s bank details for future financial transactions.
The supporting documents required for registration are as under:
A. A request letter mentioning the Sr. No. in the list of Public Notice No.161/2016 JNCH dated 28.11.2016 or Public Notice No.180/2016 JNCH dated 19.12.2016 or self-attested copy of permission letter issued by JNCH, Nhava Sheva for DPD facility.
B. Self-attested copies of PAN card.
C. Letter of authorization of Custom Broker for carrying out clearance of containers.
D. List of authorized signatories of the company on their letter head.
PROCEDURE FOR OPENING PD ACCOUNT:
DPD Code itself is PD Account. Which is dormant till no amount is credited to it. Once amount is deposited into NSICT / NSIGT Account, it becomes live.
NSICT: A/C No. 22205235197 IFC Code: SCBL0036046 Bank: SCB
NSIGT: A/C No.000004080451 IFC Code: BARC0INBBIR Bank: BARCLAYS
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF TRAILER:
Unregistered Trailer has to get registered with Terminal at NSICT Parking Plaza where a Unique BAT ( Bay Allocation Ticket) will be allotted to the specific trailer.
RELEASE OF DPD CONTAINERS :
1. Customer has to submit the Delivery Order received from Shipping Line along with the Challan & Out of Charge to their “Port Terminal gate” to get the container released,. However, importer can send Scanned copy of same through their designated email id to Terminal email id (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org) to get release of container online. However, the trailer driver Customs Broker / Authorised representative would be required to carry hard copies of above 03 documents to submit at the gate.
2. As of now, client needs to obtain “E gate pass (Import E form-13)” from Master Marine (surveyor) in PUB Building in respect of most of the shipping lines. However, Terminal Operator has been asked to devise the system so that Client can obtain “e-gate pass” at their own without visiting to PUB Building. Terminal Operator has informed that they are already working on such revised procedure and will introduce it shortly.
3. Registered Trailers can come to the gate with E gate pass and will be allowed to take the delivery.
QUERRY / HELP: If any further queries, kindly send a mail to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
3. Similarly, it is also clarified that in such cases, where DPD Importer is using own transport arrangement (“DPD Code” as “Stacking code&rdquo for evacuation of DPD containers, it is the responsibility of concerned Port Terminal to ensure that Customs Out of Charge (OOC) has been obtained before the container leave the Port Terminals. Further, Customs officers posted inside the Terminal should also check & verify Customs Out of Charge (OOC) as already prescribed in Public Notice No 163/2016 dated 01.12.2016.
4. This, issues with approval of the Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff, according to the public notice of JNCH.