GANDHIDHAM: The Board Meeting of Kandla Port Trust was held on 30th June to discuss following important items: -
• Development of 13th & 15th Multipurpose Cargo (other than Liquid / Container Cargo)
• Berths issuance of Consultation / Termination Notice.
• Extension of Life Span of Steel Hull Heave up Barge Bhimsen.
• Mangrove plantation to be implemented by Kandla Port Trust in an area of 100 hectares as per the specific condition of environmental & CRZ clearance granted by the MOEF&CC, GOI, for Development of 7 Integrated Facilities within existing Kandla Port at Kandla.
• Procurement of medium to long term External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) in the Dollar denomination.
• Dredging in the Navigational channel and alongside Cargo Berths / Oil Jetties at Kandla Port Trust for the year 2017-20.
• Approval of Market Rate for allotment of land for Industrial and its ancillary purposes within Smart Industrial Port City (SIPC) at Kandla (Location 2) as per the Land Policy Guidelines, 2014.
The Board of Trustees, after detailed deliberations, decided to terminate the Concession Agreements in respect of Multipurpose Cargo Berths No.13 & 15 after following the due process. The Board also approved the proposal to go for Mangrove Plantation in an area of 100 hectares at SathSaida Bet, as per the terms of MOU with the Government of Gujarat.
The Board also approved in principle to go for External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) for various projects of Kandla Port Trust, subject to formalities and approval of the Central Government. The Board also approved the Dredging contract for the year 2017-20 and award it to the lowest bidder viz., Van Oord India Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai.
The Board placed its a ppreciation for the contributions made by Capt S. K. Shukla, Principal Officer, MMD, as a Trustee on the KPT Board, who retired from Govt. service w.e.f. 30-06-2017).